Learn how to make oven smoked ribs! No smoker required. These ribs come out tender, fall off the bone, and are packed with smoke flavor!
My husband has recently become a BBQ junkie. It all started with a local place in my hometown, Roy’s Pit BBQ. It is insanely addicting and I think it is at least 95% of the reason he was so agreeable to having our wedding in my hometown.
So, since right now Sunday is football day in our house, I decided to make some game day food. These are quick and easy homemade ribs done in the oven with all of the flavor of a fancy smoker.
2 hrPrep Time
12 minCook Time
2 hr, 12 Total Time
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Remove the tough membrane that covers the bony side of the ribs.
- Brush both sides of the meat liberally with Hickory Liquid Smoke.
- Mix the brown sugar, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt together.
- Rub both sides of the ribs liberally with the dry rub.
- Place the ribs, meaty side down, on a baking sheet lined with foil. Cover the ribs with another sheet of foil and tightly crimp the edges.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 2 hours. Remove the ribs from the oven and turn on the broiler.
- Cut ribs into portions of 2 and brush BBQ sauce on one side. Put under the broiler for 6 minutes.
- Remove from the over, flip, sauce the other side, and put back under the broiler for another 6 minutes.
[vc_row no_margin=”true” inner_container=”true” bg_color=”#272727″ border=”top” padding_top=”8%” padding_bottom=”8%”][vc_column width=”1/1″ fade=”true” fade_animation=”in” fade_animation_offset=”45px”]
JOIN OVER 6,000 SUBSCRIBERS TO RECEIVE MORE FREE RECIPES, BAKING TIPS, TECHNIQUES, AND FOOD SCIENCE DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX! (emails are sent weekly)