Time for a cupboard clean-out! I try to go through my cupboards and fridge once a month and clean out the odds and ends that probably won’t get used up otherwise. This time I had some left over quinoa from a previous post and a half a head of cabbage. I also had some other veggies and cilantro. I came up with this fresh salad that would be a perfect side dish, but I ate it as my meal with some sour cream on top. Yum and healthy!
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Allow to cool while preparing the vegetables.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, cabbage, bell pepper, tomato, black beans, onion and cilantro.
- In a small bowl whisk together the zest of 1 lime, the juice of 2 limes, olive oil, sriracha, and garlic.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Salt and pepper to taste.
- You may serve immediately, but allowing to sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour lets the flavors develop.