This easy apple cream cheese tart is soaked in spiced rum! A very simple apple tart made with puff pastry, cream cheese, and spiced rum. Serve warm with ice cream!
Hello long lost friends! I have missed you so much!
Well I’ve missed my husband most, but you all are a close second! Life is cRAZy right now. Seriously, cray-cray. And I feel like I’ve been starting out soo many of my posts this way lately. And I’m sorry.
I am in my last month of culinary classes while continuing to work and this makes for some seriously long days. Like out the door at 6am and not home again until midnight or later.
Which leads me to missing and neglecting you all. I’m so sorry but I will be at it again full force in just a few short weeks. Pinky promise!
Yesterday I had a rare few hours in the morning before I was off and running so I decided I HAD to bake something. But I wanted something that took minimal effort. Something that tasted and looked fancy and decadent but literally took no skill to throw together.
As much as I love long and complicated baking, sometimes I just want easy. Easy and lazy. I hope you are okay with that!
I had a piece of puff pastry in my freezer and some apples and cream cheese that needed using up. So I decided on a quick tart. And because I frequently like my pastries boozy I soaked the apples in some spiced rum.
Slather the puff pastry with some whipped cream cheese, layer on the apples, sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon, and drizzle of a little (or a lot) of butter and you’re good to pop it into the oven!
It tastes like you picked up some fancy pastries from a bakery that slaved over them for hours. But really you made it in less than 30 minutes so you could go work on other projects!
Speaking of other projects, as if I’m not already crazy busy enough with all my projects going on, I am really excited to tell you all about one more! Recently I have been working on a new blog lifestyle magazine project with some amazing blogger friends. VRAI Magazine is set to launch on 4.14.14!
I really hope you will join in with us on this exciting new project! The focus of the magazine will be to explore various lifestyle aspects through storytelling. We have teamed up with some amazing storytellers, bloggers and photographers and I am so excited for this project you could just hear me squeal!
And I promise I’m not leaving you all behind here! You can’t get rid of me. I’m just building an empire. It’s cool. 🙂
10 minPrep Time
22 minCook Time
32 minTotal Time
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
- 2 large apples, thinly sliced
- spiced rum, if desired
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- a lot or a little of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- Thinly slice the apples and soak in spiced rum if desired.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Unfold the puff pastry and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Stir together the cream cheese and powdered sugar and spread evenly on the puff pastry leaving an edge all the way around.
- Drain the apples and lay across the puff pastry in a pretty pattern, allowing them to overlap each other.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over the apples and drizzle the butter.
- Bake at 400 for 12 minutes then reduce the heat to 375 and bake until golden brown. This should take about 10 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.