A fun take on the classic sweet potato casserole with sweet potato casserole cookies! Sweet potato cookies, maple buttercream, pecans, & charred marshmallows!
A snuggly bed at night.
A loving husband to wake up to in the morning.
Hot coffee to start the day.
Runny eggs and toast for breakfast (or dinner…)
A job that pays the bills and gives me holidays off.
A boss who is respectful and supportive.
Co-workers that are hilarious, fun, smart, and helpful.
Clients who teach me compassion, understanding, and patience every day.
A family filled with love, support, diversity, and fun.
A creative outlet through cooking, baking and my blog.
My beautiful readers who bring me so much joy.
And countless “little things” that I really cannot take for granted.
A perfect example being: My culinary torch. I should probably be concerned about how much fun I have torching things in the kitchen with it. But I’m not. So I will definitely continue to torch some marshmallows and be thankful for all the “little things” in life as I eat tiny charred pieces of heaven.
10 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
22 minTotal Time
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar in a large bowl until fluffy. Add egg and sweet potato and beat until combined.
- In small bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture in small batches to large bowl until well mixed.
- Use a small cookie scoop and drop rounds onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown
- Cool completely before frosting, makes about 3 dozen 2 inch cookies.
- Beat together the butter, powdered sugar and maple extract until light and fluffy.
- Frost each cooled cookie with maple butter cream.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Top with a couple of mini marshmallows and char with a culinary torch or a lighter.