- This event has passed.
Beginner Sourdough Bread Baking Intensive
March 28 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$250
This 6 hour hands on sourdough intensive will focus on gaining an in depth understanding of basic sourdough technique and theory.
IN THIS CLASS WE WILL COVER:
- What exactly is a sourdough starter?
- How to maintain your sourdough starter
- Sourdough master recipe and how to adapt it for endless variations
- The process of creating a sourdough loaf from start to finish
- How to make a rustic boule (round loaf) from start to finish
- How to adapt your dough to fit your schedule
- Incorporating whole grains
- How to create tension when shaping
- Baking methods
- How to use your sourdough discard
YOUR TICKET INCLUDES
- A 6 hour hands on class
- All learning materials with detailed notes to take home with you
- A pot of sourdough starter of your own
- Coffee and a sourdough toast bar to start the class
- A lunch made during class of sourdough pizza
- A loaf of bread that you shaped and baked during class
- A dough that you made during class that is not fully fermented for you to take and bake at home
- A banneton basket for you to proof your shaped dough in