- This event has passed.
French Breads: Baguettes, Brioche, & More!
March 14 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm$105
In this workshop trained chef and baking instructor, Kristin “Baker Bettie” Hoffman, will walk you through the process of baking classic French style breads from scratch. We will be baking classic baguettes, rustic Pain de Campagne, and the ultimate enriched bread: brioche. We will be working with some more advanced yeast bread techniques and pre-ferments so some knowledge of bread baking is helpful, but not absolutely necessary.
IN THIS WORKSHOP WE’LL COVER:
- What is a pre-ferment
- How to make and use a poolish
- How to shape baguettes & epi bread
- Stone baking method for crusty loaves
- Working with banneton baskets & proofing bowls
- Rustic loaf: Pain de Campagne
- Working with heavily enriched doughs
- Dark chocolate studded brioche
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
This class is for 18+ and all experience levels are welcome, though some knowledge of working with yeast and bread baking is helpful.
YOUR TICKET INCLUDES
- A 3 1/2 hour hands on bread workshop with all materials provided.
- Bread with accompaniments and coffee with be served.
- All of your bread and recipes to take home along with some yeast to get you started.
Class will be held at Get In the Kitchen Cooking in Lakeview
Feel free to email [email protected] with any questions!