Quinoa Fruit Salad with Greek Yogurt
It has been unseasonably warm in Kansas this winter. It has been in the 50’s almost every day this week. On Wednesday, it got up to 70! I am definitely not complaining though. I seriously hate the cold, and the past few years our winters have been rough.
I typically think of fruit salads as a summer type of dish. I just usually crave fresh flavors like this when it’s hot, and warmer flavors in the winter. But this was a nice change. Have this as your breakfast, a mid-day snack or a guilt free dessert!
I’ve been really trying to improve my pictures and learn my way around this new camera. Wyatt has been trying to help too.
This recipe was not only really delicious but also really fun to photograph. I love colorful food!
Hope your weekend was relaxing!
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 12 oz cherries
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Greek yogurt
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. Cool in the refrigerator while you prepare the salad.
- Prepare your fruit. If you don’t have a cherry pitter, hammer a clean nail into a piece of wood and push the cherry on the nail to push the pits out the other side. (this is a trick I just learned and it worked great! thank goodness for google)
- Toss all of the fruit together in a big bowl with the lemon zest, lemon juice, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, fresh mint, and salt.
- Add the quinoa and mix well.
- Serve over greek yogurt.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator if not serving immediately.