There is just something about the frigid cold of winter that makes me forget about the stickiness of summer. I spend the winter dreaming of summer. Then summer comes and I’m cranky and sticky and stuck to anything I sit on.
But I do have to say that overall I love summer. The days seem endless and people just seem happier overall.
But I am definitely not running to my kitchen to turn on that hot stove. Some days I just can’t get myself to do it. Huge salads are perfect for those days. Simple, delicious, refreshing, and so healthy!
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1/4 cup spicy mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- rainbow bell peppers
- sweet onion
- slivered almonds
- sunflower seeds
- salt and pepper
- Combine lemon juice, honey, and spicy mustard in a small bowl
- Whisk until well combine and emulsified
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the Salad
- Remove the thick stems of the kale and finely chop.
- Put kale in a large bowl and massage with your clean hands to break down the fibbers. About 30 seconds.
- Place cauliflower in a blender and pulse until the consistency of rice. Add the the kale.
- Finely chop the bell pepper and onion. Add to the bowl.
- Add blueberries, almonds, and sunflower seeds. Toss salad.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss with Lemon Honey Mustard when ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0