This roasted veggie breakfast skillet for one is the perfect amount when making a hearty solo breakfast or can be shared if desired! The eggs come out perfectly over easy or you can cook them longer if you prefer less runny eggs!
Morning is the best time of the day. It is the time when anything is possible. The day hasn’t had a chance to be filled with stress, or perceived failures, or awkward interactions, or procrastination (unless you are one of those that sleeps until noon). It is a built in restart button. Everyday starts with the possibility for anything and I believe that truly seeing and understanding that is a choice.
This is something I am making a huge conscious effort to consider everyday. To ask myself, “What can I accomplish today? What opportunity do I want to take advantage of today?”
But I am also working on accepting what I accomplished the day before. Saying to myself, “You did enough. You are enough.” That is always so difficult. To not be too hard on yourself. To accept yourself and what you were able to accomplish. But what is the mantra? Say it with me! “You did enough. You are enough.”
One of the opportunities I have been taking advantage of lately is to treat myself to a healthy and hearty breakfast. I have been keeping lots of fresh produce around which makes it easy to throw together a breakfast skillet in no time.
All you have to do is throw some mixed veggies and spices in an oven proof skillet or dish, let them char under the broiler for a few minutes, then crack some eggs on top and let them set under the broiler.
It all happens in under 15 minutes and you have a real hearty breakfast that feels like something special. The perfect way to start the day of endless possibilities!
- Preheat the oven broiler while chopping the veggies.
- Put the oil in an oven proof skillet or small baking dish.
- Put the veggies in the skillet and toss in the oil, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place under the broiler on the middle oven rack for about 2 minutes then stir and cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, crack 2 eggs over top and place back under the broiler.
- Cook until desired doneness. For over easy eggs it takes about 2-3 minutes. Watch them closely, they will cook fast!
Products I used for this recipe…
Disclaimer: Please note that the links below are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links.
[AMAZONPRODUCTS asin=”B00008CM6A”][AMAZONPRODUCTS asin=”B0090VPFIC”]