I’ve been sitting on the couch staring at my computer screen for the last 30 minutes. My husband is sitting beside me channel surfing. Our cat, Wyatt, is running around the house like a crazy kitty chasing his ball and playing fetch with us like a dog. Our other cat, Shadow, is sitting very demurely nearby watching everything but staying out of it. They are very opposite kitties. She is prim and proper sitting with her paws together and her tail elegantly curled around her feet and he he is a wild mess laying on his back with his legs spread wide open. And I can’t think of a thing to write about right now so here I am painting you a picture of our very mundane Sunday afternoon.
And I don’t mean mundane in a bad way. I mean it in the most comforting way. Those things that are a part of our everyday life. Like sitting on the couch on a lazy Sunday and channel surfing. Like playing fetch with Wyatt over and over again until he finally wearshimself out. Or folding laundry together while watching Breaking Bad. Those things that just define us as a family are so comforting.
And right now as I am writing this, I am coming to realize that this blog has become a part of that. It has become part of our routine. Part of who we are as a family. My husband taste tests what I make. I set up pictures and scold Wyatt as he tries to walk through the middle of them. I sit on the couch beside my husband and edit while he channel surfs. I pull his attention away for a moment to help me pick out favorite images. And I share with you about who we are as a family. I love that. I love our family and our life. And I love that you all and this blog have become such an amazing piece of that.
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (measured by fluffing up the flour, lightly spooning it into measuring cups, and leveling off)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, plus 1/4 cup to top the bread
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 TBSP fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and set aside a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, oil, sugar, and sour cream.
- In another bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly stir in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the cheddar, jalapeno, and thyme.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Top the batter with the ¼ cup of cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. (check the bread at 30 minutes and cover with foil if the top is getting too browned)
- Allow to cool before slicing.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 289