This peanut butter cookie recipe creates the best soft peanut butter cookies with only 5 ingredients needed. This easy recipe is naturally gluten free and can be made from start to finish in under 20 minutes. Pin it for Later »
Soft Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe Overview
Skill Level: Beginner
This recipe for soft peanut butter cookies is very simple to make with very few ingredients. The cookies can be made from start to finish in under 20 minutes and the texture of the cookie is soft and almost fudgy in the center.
The key ingredient that makes these the best soft peanut butter cookies is cornstarch. Because these cookies are flourless, they are naturally gluten free.
Tips, Tricks, & Techniques
- For this particular recipe, it isn’t important for the egg to be at room temperature. This is a bonus because the cookies can be made with a moments notice.
- The peanut butter can be substituted with any kind of nut butter. Soft cashew butter cookies are also amazing!
- When the cookies come out of the oven they will look slightly under-baked and appear as if they will not hold their shape. Let them sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing so that they have time to set.
- Peanut Butter is high in fat and therefore serves a similar role in this cookie recipe that butter serves in other recipes. It adds richness and its stickiness also helps bind the cookie.
- Brown Sugar sweetens the cookie and adds moisture due to the molasses present in brown sugar.
- Egg binds the cookie together and adds moisture.
- Baking Soda makes the cookie rise and promotes tenderness and spread.
- Cornstarch thickens the cookie dough and creates a soft, fudgy texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108
The links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Baker Bettie!