Today marks a new beginning. I don’t even know exactly what it is the beginning of yet. It is just a start of a whole lot of possibilities. I am excited, and energized, and terrified. But everything that is life changing is scary. It wouldn’t feel worth it if it wasn’t.
Culinary school is going to be challenging. I know that for sure. But I know I am going to have a blast and learn more than I can even imagine. And I am determined not to neglect the blog and all of you amazing readers. You all energize me and this place is my sanctuary. I can come here and write and share and feel at home wherever I am. So I promise not to disappear. Just hang in there with me!
This week is going to be filled with lots of 17-18 hr days so I wanted to prep this weekend for a successful week. And for me, food is a huge part of that. I need quick and delicious things available to keep me awake and to keep my hunger crankiness at bay. So I made a huge batch of these crispy roasted chickpeas yesterday and they are going to be a huge lifesaver this week for a quick snack in between classes and work. Here we go!
- 2- 15oz cans chickpeas
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas very well. Let the chickpeas drain in the colander for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF
- Lay out a clean kitchen towel or several layers of paper towels and pour the chickpeas over top. Gently dry the chickpeas in the towels until they are very dry. (this is important to get them crispy)
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, paprika, sugar, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Add the chickpeas to the bowl and toss until evenly coated.
- Pour the chickpeas in an even layer onto a sheet pan with sides.
- Bake at 400ºF for 35-45 minutes stirring every 10 minutes until crispy.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 0