Quick and easy to whip up, homemade funfetti blondies are loaded with sprinkles and taste like a soft sugar cookie!
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Techniques Used: One Bowl Mixing Method
Funfetti blondies (also known as confetti blondies or rainbow cookie bars) are colorful, festive, totally delicious, and super simple to make. No cookie dough chilling or rolling required for these sugar cookie-like bars!
What makes these funfetti blondies so quick and easy
- Funfetti blondies are an easier and quicker variation of rainbow sugar cookies. Instead of shaping individual cookies, this batter bakes in one pan. Bar desserts are often my go-to when I want to make something from scratch but am short on time!
- This blondie recipe is made in one bowl and baked in one. Cleanup is a breeze!
- Only 20 minutes of prep time is needed before these blondie bars are in the oven.
There are endless ways to customize blondies – here are some of my favorite flavors:
Chocolate Chip Pecan Blondies: Omit the almond extract and rainbow sprinkles. Add 150 grams (1 cup) chocolate chips and 50 grams (½ cup) toasted, chopped pecans to the batter.
Monster Blondies: Omit the almond extract and rainbow sprinkles. Add 75 grams (½ cup) plain M&M’s, 75 grams (½ cup) peanut butter (or chocolate) chips, and 50 grams (½ cup) oats to the batter.
How to Make Funfetti Blondies
For this recipe, we will use the One Bowl Mixing Method. This method is often used for cookies and bars with a chewy texture, including blondies, brownies, and some types of drop cookies. No hand mixer or stand mixer required – instead, we just need a simple mixing spoon and bowl.
Because the butter and sugar are not creamed together (creaming is common for cookies, rare for blondies), this method is extremely forgiving.
Steps in The One Bowl Method for Blondies
Before starting, make sure to use room temperature eggs and melted (and slightly cooled) butter.
- Mix the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and melted butter in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add the whole egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Add the dry ingredients into the bowl & mix to combine. This includes the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gently fold in the rainbow confetti sprinkles.
- Transfer to the prepared baking pan and bake.
How to Store Blondies
Room Temperature: Store leftover blondies at room temperature in an airtight container for 4-5 days. Blondies do not need to be stored in the refrigerator.
Freezer: Wrap any leftover blondie squares in plastic wrap and place in a zipper bag. Freeze for up to 2 months. Let thaw at room temperature before serving.
MORE RECIPES FROM BAKER BETTIE!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might like to try these other delicious dessert bar recipes.
- Blondies with White Chocolate Chips
- Best Fudgy Brownies
- Brookies (brownie + chocolate chip cookie bars)
Funfetti blondies are quick and easy to whip up and taste like a soft, homemade sugar cookie!
- 150 grams (¾ cup) brown sugar (preferably dark), lightly packed
- 50 grams (¼ cup) granulated sugar
- 113 grams (½ cup, 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 160 grams (1 ⅓ cups) all-purpose flour
- 80 grams (½ cup) rainbow sprinkles
- At least 30 minutes before baking, take the eggs out of the refrigerator to come to room temperature. Measure out the rest of the ingredients. Melt the butter (113 grams/ ½ cup) and set aside to cool slightly.
- Position an oven rack in the center position. Preheat the oven to 325°F/165°C.
- Line an 8-inch (20 cm) square pan with parchment paper or grease with non-stick cooking spray.
To Make the Blondies:
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the brown sugar (150 grams/ ¾ cup), granulated sugar (50 grams/ ¼ cup) and melted butter.
- Add the whole egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract (2 teaspoons), and almond extract (½ teaspoon) and whisk until well incorporated- about 30 seconds.
- Add the baking powder (½ teaspoon), salt (½ teaspoon), and flour (160 grams/ 1 ⅓ cups) to the mixing bowl and use a silicone spatula or mixing spoon to stir together until well combined. Stir for about 30 seconds to purposely develop a little bit of gluten, which will give your blondies more chewiness. Fold in the sprinkles (80 grams/ ½ cup).
- Transfer the mixture into your prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake at 325°F/165°C for 28-33 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Set the pan on a cooling wire rack for at least 15 minutes before slicing to solidify.
- Store leftover blondies at room temperature in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
2 Comments on “Funfetti Blondies”
I would love to know WHAT kind of sprinkles to buy that WON’T bleed the colour. Every time I buy new ones and the place selling says ‘These won’t bleed colour’-they DO. Last time it turned my cake batter a purplish mid colour. Mine were the little ball shaped sprinkles. Should they be the longer ones?
*that should say ‘purplish mud colour’