This post is for my mother.
Yes, a recipe is involved too. But I choose this recipe with my mother in mind. To honor her in some way.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- pineapple rings
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- maraschino cherries
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup almond milk (or coconut, soy, or regular milk)
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 2 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- Grease the bottom of an 8inch round pan with coconut oil.
- Sprinkle the coconut sugar over the oil.
- Lay the pineapple rings in an even layer over the sugar.
- Place maraschino cherries in the center of each pineapple ring.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut over the pineapple slices. Set aside while preparing batter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all of the cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Use a hand mixer or a whisk and mix all ingredients until well combined
- Pour the cake batter over the pineapple in the cake pan
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the center
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before flipping out onto a serving platter.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 0