This is most likely going to be my last post of my Fall Vegan Comfort Food Series for Vegan MoFo. I was striving to do 20 posts, but I only made it to 12. What can I say, life got in the way. I would love to do a few more this week, but on Sunday my husband and I are leaving for Costa Rica for my sister’s wedding! We will be spending 8 amazing days there and I still have a lot of packing and cleaning to do before we leave.
I always get super anxious before taking leave from work. I want to make sure every single little loose end is tied up and everything will run smoothly while I’m gone. And I know that won’t happen. It is hard to let that go. To just get away and relax and not worry about the stresses of work. But I am damn determined to relax and have fun! It is nice that we really can’t use our cell phones there. It forces you to cut yourself off. Which is also really good for my husband. Don’t even get me started with him and his work calls the day before our wedding and on our honeymoon… He isn’t even taking his phone this time. I love it!
This month sure has flown by. I have had a blast being a part of Vegan MoFo this year! I am always looking to expand my baking skillz (yes, with a z) and I feel I have grown a lot this month! I am so much more confident with my vegan baked goods and I love that! I love to be able to bake things with confidence that whoever I share it with will be able to eat it!
This coffee cake was a huge hit at work. The warm toffee sauce really puts it over the top. Pumpkin, Fall Spices, Chocolate, Toasted Walnuts, and Toffee. Seriously. So good!
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups vegan dark chocolate, chopped (I like Ghirardelli 72%)
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped (optional)
- powdered sugar for dusting
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup soy creamer
- pinch of salt
- 3 TBSP earth balance vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a bundt pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir the pumpkin, oil, sugars, almond milk, and vanilla together.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Fold in the chocolate and walnuts.
- Fill the prepared bundt pan with the batter.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove cake from the oven and allow to cool.
- Turn out the cake onto a plate and dust with powdered sugar once completely cooled.
- Serve with warm toffee sauce on the side.
- Combine all ingredients in a small heavy bottomed sauce pan over medium low heat.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves and the mixture begins to simmer.
- Stop stirring and allow the mixture the boil and thicken for 3-4 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve warm with the coffee cake.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 0