S’mores Brownie Pie
S’mores brownie pie is a brownie and graham cracker layer on bottom and a toasted marshmallow topping.
I can’t hear the mention of s’mores without immediately thinking of The Sandlot and this scene. So nostalgic. I can’t tell you how many times I watched that movie as a kid. Sometimes more than once in a day. And even though we didn’t have s’mores often as children, for some reason they just feel nostalgic too. Toasted marshmallow tastes like childhood to me.
I was asked recently what my favorite kitchen tool is. That is a difficult question. My initial reaction is to say my chef knife because it is what I use most and probably what I am most attached to. And of course, there is always my Kitchenaid stand mixer. That baby and I worked through over 6000 cookies one Christmas and she still shows no sign of wearing out. But probably my most fun kitchen tool is my culinary torch.
Too bad I couldn’t get a good picture of the awesome torchiness of the torch. Yes. I said “torchiness.”
I just really like torching things. Sometimes I see my torch and immediately think, “What can I char right now?” And then I dig through the fridge looking for something that would be more delicious if I gave it a little torch. I even let my husband join in the fun to torch a bit of the mallow on this one. I don’t think he gets as excited as I do.
But he was pretty pumped about eating this. Even though it was really messy to get out of the pan and practically impossible to plate nicely. This is one of those let your hair down desserts. It isn’t meant to be neat and clean. It is based on one of the messiest things to eat after all! But we can avoid all the chocolate dripping down our arms and fingers sticky with marshmallow and eat this s’more with a fork or a spoon. We are adults after all. Kind of.
MORE RECIPES FROM BAKER BETTIE!
If you loved this delicious recipe, you might like to try these other brownie recipes!
S'mores Brownie Pie
S'mores brownie pie is a brownie and graham cracker layer on bottom and a toasted marshmallow topping.
- 100 grams (1 cup) graham cracker crumbs (about 4 cracker sheets, made into crumbs)
- 300 grams (1 ½ cup) granulated sugar
- 53 grams (⅔ cup) cocoa powder
- 120 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- 226 grams (1 cup, 2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 13-16 ounces marshmallow fluff
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF/175°C.
- Spray a 10 inch (25 cm) or 12 inch (30 cm) cast iron skillet or a 9x13 inch (23 x 33 cm) pan with non-stick spray. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs (100 grams/ 1 cup) evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar (300 grams/ 1 ½ cup), cocoa powder (53 grams/ ⅔ cup), flour (120 grams/ 1 cup), baking powder (½ teaspoon) and salt (1 teaspoon). Stir in the eggs (4 large) one at a time. Then mix in the melted butter (226 grams/ 1 cup) and vanilla extract (1 teaspoon). Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the pan over the graham cracker crumbs. Use a rubber spatula to spread evenly. Bake for 25-28 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Carefully spread marshmallow fluff (13-16 ounces) over the brownie. You may not need the entire amount, depending on how thick you want the marshmallow layer. Quickly torch the marshmallow until lightly toasted. If you do not have a torch, place under the broiler on the highest oven rack for about 1 minutes. Watch closely and do not walk away. Remove from oven as soon as the marshmallow starts to look toasted.
- Optional: Refrigerate for easier slicing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
8 Comments on “S’mores Brownie Pie”
Oh I want a piece badly. This looks so good and will make me thing of summer and campfires.
Messy or not, the skillet in the background with all of the melted marshmallows oozing into the empty space where the plated slice used to be looks AMAZING
I seriously need this in my life! Incredible! WOWZA!
S’mores are def. meant to be messy!!!! This pie still looks friggin FLAWLESS!
and omg sandlot….memories haaaa
I WANT A TORCH!
I seriously think that I might ask for a culinary torch for christmas this year… just to make this pie! It looks amazing. The photography is GORGEOUS in this post and I love the new layout! (Is it new? I could just be really oblivious but it looks new!)
I need a torch so that I can scorch marshmallows to my heart’s content. I can’t stop staring at how gorgeous your pie is!
Pingback: So Nice to Have You! | A Minted Life
OMG! I was obsessed with Sandlot! I watched that movie 5 times in 3 days one year…….memories. This looks so ridiculous amazing! I so need a torch!