Simple Chocolate Glaze Overview
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Techniques Used: How to Melt Chocolate in the Microwave
This easy chocolate glaze can be made in less than 5 minutes and is the perfect all purpose glaze for all of your baked goods! Melting the chocolate in the microwave for the glaze makes this fool proof!
How to Make Chocolate Glaze
STEP 1: CUT THE CHOCOLATE INTO UNIFORM PIECES
You can start with chocolate chips or chop the chocolate into uniform pieces so that they melt evenly. Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
STEP 2: HEAT THE CHOCOLATE IN THE MICROWAVE
Heat the chocolate in short bursts in the microwave, stopping and stirring about every 15-20 seconds. Stop heating the chocolate when it is almost completely melted but there are still a few solid pieces.
STEP 3: STIR IN THE BUTTER
Remove the melted chocoalte from the microwave and add the butter pieces. Stir until the mixture becomes a smooth glaze. Use immediately.
Uses for Chocolate Glaze
- Dip yeast donuts to make chocolate glazed yeast donuts.
- Drizzle over classic pound cake.
- Pour over simple brownies to make them even more decadent!
- Dip eclairs in the glaze to make a French classic!
- 6 oz (168 gr) bittersweet chocolate chips or chocolate chopped into roughly even pieces
- 6 TBSP (3 oz, 84 gr) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl.
- Set the cook time to 2 minutes and start the microwave. Do not step away. Stop the microwave every 15-20 seconds and stir the chocolate with a rubber spatula. At first, the chocolate will still be solidified, but this will help to evenly distribute the heat.
- As soon as the chocolate is almost completely melted with only a few solid pieces left, remove it from the microwave. This will likely not take the full 2 minutes.
- Add the butter to the bowl and stir. The heat from the melted chocolate will melt the butter and the solid chocolate pieces to create a smooth glaze. Use immediately.
Note: It is very important to stop the microwave and stir the chocolate every 15-20 seconds in order to not burn it.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0
The links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Baker Bettie!