This is a simple and easy banana muffin recipe. These banana muffins come together quickly and produce incredibly moist and tender muffins with intense banana flavor. These muffins can be made with or without nuts and taste just like banana bread in muffin form! Pin it for Later »
Easy Banana Muffin Recipe Overview
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Techniques Used: The Muffin Mixing Method
This is an easy banana muffin recipe that results in perfect and simple muffins. These muffins have an intense banana flavor and are incredibly moist and tender.
This recipe can be made with or without nuts and cinnamon can be added to create a banana bread muffin. I also love to add mini chocoalte chips into these muffins and drizzle with chocolate glaze for a more decadent treat!
How to Make Banana Muffins
The method used to make banana muffins, and other varieties of muffins, is called the muffin mixing method. This easy process comes together in just a few quick steps. The dry ingredients are mixed together in one bowl, the wet ingredients in a separate bowl, and then the two are combined.
- Step 1: Whisk or sift all of the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Step 2: In a separate bowl, mash the banana and mix it with the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Step 3: Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl and stir until just combined. Fold in nuts or chocolate chips if using.
- Step 4: Divide the batter evenly in a muffin tin and bake immediately.
Tips, Tricks, & Techniques
- You need about 1 1/3 cups of mashed banana for this recipe. Typically, 3 medium bananas make 1 cup of mashed banana so you will need about 4 medium bananas. However, banana muffins are extremely forgiving and if you have slightly more or slightly less banana it will not affect the recipe dramatically.
- For the most intense banana flavor, you want to use bananas that are very ripe. I love to make banana muffins or banana bread when my bananas are getting too ripe to eat. If you want to make these muffins and do not have overly ripe bananas, you can heat them in a 300 F (150 C) oven with their skin on for about 30 minutes before using them in your recipe.
- Ground cinnamon is optional in this recipe but gives the muffins more of a banana bread flavor. Toasted nuts are also optional but highly recommended for the absolute best banana muffins. I love to add toasted pecans.
Banana Muffin Ingredient Functions
- Flour is the main structure for the banana muffin.
- Sugar sweetens the muffins.
- Baking Powder is the leavening agent for the muffins and makes them rise.
- Salt rounds out the flavors of the muffin.
- Banana flavors the muffins, adds moisture, and also helps bind the muffins.
- Egg also binds the muffin together.
- Oil adds tenderness and prevents the flour from developing too much gluten.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160
amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “bakebett-20”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_title = “SHOP MUFFIN ESSENTIALS”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “1640b0c2cc317f381af73ac189e24dd1”;
amzn_assoc_asins = “B003W0UMPI,B0001MSEHI,B0000CCY1C,B00KQ17X6C”;
The links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Baker Bettie!