Learn how to make this easy recipe for strawberry lemon curd. The beautiful silky curd turns is tart and sweet and the most beautiful color of pink!
This weekend I found myself working my old part time job from college. A textbook clerk at the university bookstore. It’s where my husband and I first met and he is still working there, though he has a fancier job title than back when we were courting. He has me come in and help at the busy times of year and any reason to spend more time with him is okay with me.
The store opened and all the college kids started coming in to work or to purchase their textbooks. I found myself feeling very out of place. I was surrounded by stories of last night’s endeavors. You know the typical college kid “got drunk, can’t remember what we did, or how I got home, or who I kissed…” It has only been 3 years since I graduated but I found myself feeling so old.
How did I get from that place to where I am now? You know the place where I spent my Saturday night making strawberry lemon curd and shortbread cookies. That place. I hope those “kids” get to this place safely. Their stories make me anxious.
I’m not ashamed to admit that my perfect Saturday night was spent baking and then seeing Silver Linings Playbook with my husband. If you haven’t seen it, you should. I really loved it. My husband enjoyed it too.
But anyways, back to the curd. Deliciously sweet and tangy strawberry lemon curd. If you thought you loved lemon curd wait until you try strawberry lemon curd. And if you have never had lemon curd, quit living under a rock and get on it!
I mixed a tablespoon of it into my yogurt this morning and holly geez. It was amazing.
I know I have been posting a lot of vegan and healthier recipes lately and, don’t worry, I will continue to do so. But this is not one of those recipes. Lots of butter, eggs, and sugar are involved. It’s one of those recipes that you share with many people so you don’t eat too much of it.
But luckily, strawberry lemon curd is also incredibly rich so a few tastes are definitely satisfying. I also love to pair this curd with my basic shortbread cookies. The buttery-ness of the shortbread pairs wonderfully with the tangy-ness of the lemon curd.
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- Zest and juice the lemons.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the strawberries to a puree (you will need about 1/2 cup)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fit with a paddle attachment, or a large bowl with a hand mixer, cream together the lemon zest, sugar, and butter.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat until incorporated.
- Add the salt, lemon juice, and strawberry puree.
- Heat the mixture in a saucepan over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Chill the strawberry lemon curd in the refrigerator.
- If not using immediately, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Tools I used and recommend for this recipe:
Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links.