Apple Pie Spice
Homemade apple pie spice is incredibly easy to make with just a few spices you have in your pantry!
Apple Pie Spice is simply a combination of spices that you probably already have in your cabinet! Mix up a batch of your own to make a delicious homemade apple pie or turnovers.
Is there a difference between Apple Pie Spice and Pumpkin Pie Spice?
The answer is yes! But barely. While both spice blends include cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and ginger, pumpkin spice also includes ground cloves, and traditionally apple spice does not. Apple spice also sometimes contains cardamom while pumpkin spice does not. But if you ask me, as long as you enjoy all of the flavors you can use the same spice mix for either!
How to Use
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Whisk all spices together until evenly combined.
- Measure out however much you need for your recipe.
- Store the unused blend in an airtight container.
*You can customize this spice blend to better suit your taste. For example, you can eliminate one ingredient or add a bit more of another ingredient.