Pumpkin Pie Spice
You don’t need to run out to the store to buy a jar of Pumpkin Pie Spice. You can easily make homemade pumpkin pie spice with spices you already have on hand!
Is there a difference between Pumpkin Pie Spice and Apple Pie Spice?
The answer is yes! But barely. While both spice blends include cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and ginger, pumpkin spice also includes ground cloves, and traditionally apple spice does not. Apple spice also sometimes contains cardamom while pumpkin spice does not. But if you ask me, as long as you enjoy all of the flavors you can use the same spice mix for either!
If you enjoy the flavor of cardamom, you might like this traditional Apple Pie Spice blend.
Recipes that Use Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Whisk all spices together until evenly combined.
- Measure out however much you need for your recipe.
- Store the unused blend in an airtight container.
*You can customize this spice blend to better suit your taste. For example, you can eliminate one ingredient or add a bit more of another ingredient.