Tiny One Bite Chocolate Chip Cookies
One bite chocolate chip cookies are the most perfect tiny soft chocolate chip cookie for eating by the handful or drenching in milk and eating with a spoon, kind of like homemade cookie cereal!
I have a real problem right now. I CANNOT be in Target without gravitating toward the baby section. And I CANNOT look through the baby section of Target without inevitably buying several baby items. Have you looked at baby clothes lately?! THEY ARE TOO CUTE!
Before you get all freaked, I’m not pregnant! But my sister is! And I am so darn excited to meet the very first of this new generation in our family. How can you love someone so much that you haven’t even met yet?! It’s crazy!
A few weeks ago, we had a shower in our hometown for her with all of our family and friends. It was lovely. And of course involved lots of food!
My mom thought it would be nice to bake some mini versions of my cookies. We decided on chocolate chip and oatmeal scotchies. They were adorable and tasty! But my mom, sister, and I were all sad that the cookies weren’t quite as mini as we hoped. We really wanted one bite chocolate chip cookies. Truly teeny tiny chocolate chip cookies.
I’m obsessed with a good cookie scoop. My tried and true scoop for big cookies is this Oneida Large Trigger Scoop. I have tried SO many scoops that have just been worthless. But this scoop has lasted me years and through literally thousands of cookies. I also have the smaller version that is also great, but still not quite tiny enough for what I was really looking for.
As soon as I got home from the shower I went on Amazon in search of a truly tiny cookie scoop, and I found it! It scoops 1/2 tbsp worth of dough per cookie and results in these itty bitty, truly one bite chocolate chip cookies. But you don’t have to use a scoop for these! You just want your mounds of cookie dough to be no bigger than 1/2 tbsp size.
This recipe makes a little over 100 one bite chocolate chip cookies. That sounds like a lot. But you can fit about 50 on one half sheet pan to bake and you can easily down 10 in one handful. Trust me. OR, if you are anything like my husband, you could throw them in a bowl and pour milk on them and eat them for breakfast.
I kept thinking that these were like homemade Cookie Crisp cereal except they are soft instead of crunchy which is good by me! But if you like a crunchier cookie, just increase the cooking time.
Are these not just the cutest cookies you have ever seen? I’m so in love with them! Any mini version of a baked good makes me so happy! I even have a whole section of the blog devoted to mini baked goods! But I think these are my new favorite!
Pro tip: If you are planning to share these with more than 1 person I would go ahead and double the recipe!
- 1 stick (4 oz, 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar (light brown is also okay)
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 TBSP vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour ( measured correctly )
- 1 heaping cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter with the brown sugar until light and fluffy. About 3 minutes.
- Add the egg, salt, and vanilla to the bowl and mix until incorporated.
- Using a spoon and not an electric mixer, stir in the flour and the chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1/2 tabelspoon sized mounds of cookie dough onto sheet pans. I used this scoop . If desired, top each with a few more chocolate chips for prettier cookies.
- Bake one sheet pan at a time at 325F for 10-12 minutes. Cookies will look slightly under-baked, but will continue cooking on the sheet pan as they cool and will stay very soft. If you prefer crunchier cookies, you can bake them longer.
- Cool completely on the sheet pan before moving to an airtight container.