Simple breakfast pastries served on a pretty table decorated with nick nacks found around the house can be really romantic.
I threw this table together this morning with mismatched china I got at goodwill a while back, pink heart cookie cutters to add to the romance, and a few other vintage items I already had like old books and an old camera.
I also put these pastries together last night and froze them. Then just popped them in the oven this morning. Easy peasy.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- good quality strawberry preserves (or whatever flavor you prefer)
- With the puff pastry still folded in thirds, roll out on a lightly floured surface to about a 15 inch by 10 inch rectangle.
- Cut into 10 squares about equal in size.
- Put about 2 tbsp of preserves in the middle of a square.
- Brush the outside of the pastry with water and top with another square.
- Use the tongs of a fork to crimp the edges.
- Use a toothpick to poke steam holes in the shape of a heart.
- Freeze until ready to use.
- Bake frozen pastries in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0